Search Archive

2 Mar 2008

Guide to Twitter

You might be wondering what is all this coming on the left hand side. Well I have put up my twitter over here. Twitter is an online service that enables you to broadcast short messages to your friends or "followers." It is also called micro-blogging. Newbie's guide to Twitter will give you more on twitter. I can use my GPRS enabled phone to update my status or leave small messages. Well I can also do that by sending SMSes, which I have not tried yet. I don't think you require that - GPRS charges are much lower as compared to that of SMS. It may noted twitter is free, charges you pay are the one which are charged by your mobile phone service provider. Need not say, that you can use your Internet to update your status. If you include any long URL in your message, it is automatically shortened through http://tinyurl.com/ service. There many services with which you can integrate your twitter.

No comments: